Creating an Account
Upstream provides a user-friendly experience for you to sign up and get started in exploring DAO's. This guide will walk you through creating an account, linking additional wallet addresses, and editing your profile information.
- 1.When you receive a direct link to a DAO or an Event on Upstream, click on the link. This will navigate you to the landing page, where you'll be prompted to create an account before proceeding.
- 2.On the account creation screen, you can choose to sign up in one of two ways:
- Web3 Wallet: Choose this option if you'd like to create an account using your crypto wallet address. Simply connect your wallet, and you're all set! No email address is required at this point.
- Email and Password: If you prefer to use an email address, username, and password, fill in the respective fields and proceed.
Please note, if you sign up with a crypto wallet, you can still add a username and password later in your profile settings.
Perhaps you initially signed up using only your crypto wallet, but now wish to receive DAO activity notifications and product updates from Upstream. Using your email address to login is also an easier alternative if you wish to view your DAO on a mobile device. Adding your email address is a straightforward process.
- 1.Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- 2.In the drop-down menu, select "Account Settings".
- 3.You will see an option to add your email address. Enter your preferred email + password and click "Save Settings".
Upstream respects your privacy and will never share your email with third parties.
Please note, while you can change your email address or delete your entire account, you cannot remove an email address from your account without replacing it with another.
By following these instructions, you should be able to create your Upstream account and configure it to best meet your needs. Welcome to the world of DAOs with Upstream!